Your privacy is of key importance to us and we mean it. You’ve placed your trust in us by using the novanglobal.com services and we value that trust. That means we’re committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal data you give us. We act in our customers’ interest and we are transparent about the processing of your personal data.
Novanglobal.com offers online travel-related services through our own websites and mobile apps, as well as through other online platforms such as partners’ websites and social media. All the information that follows applies to all of these platforms. Several platforms, one privacy statement.
This one privacy statement applies to any kind of information we collect through these platforms or other means connected to these platforms (such as contacting our customer service team via email).
We might amend the Privacy Statement from time to time. If you care about your privacy, visit this page regularly and you’ll know exactly where you stand. If we make changes to the Privacy Statement which will have an impact on you, we will notify you of these changes before the new activities begin.
If you disagree with this Privacy Statement, you should discontinue using our services. If you agree with our Privacy Statement, then you’re all set to book your next Trip through us.
Personal data you give to us.
Novan Global Group collects and uses information which you provide to us. When you make a Trip Reservation, you are (as a minimum) asked for your name and email address. Depending on the Trip Reservation, we may also ask for your home address, telephone number, payment information, date of birth, the names of any guests travelling with you and any preferences (such as meal preferences and any mobility restrictions) you might have for your Trip.
If you need to get in touch with our customer service team, or reach out to us through other means (such as through social media, or communicating with your booked Trip Provider through us) we will collect information from you there too. Guests can also be asked to provide a review to help ensure future guests get exactly what they’re looking for. We will collect information from you included in your reviews, including your display name and avatar if you choose one.
There are also other instances where you’ll provide us with information. For example, if you’re browsing with your mobile device, you can decide to enable novanglobal.com to see your current location or grant access to your contact details – this helps us provide you with the best possible service and experience (for example, to see our city guides, the nearest restaurants or attractions to your location or other recommendations). You can also open a user account, which allows you to save your personal settings, upload photos, review previous bookings or plan and manage future reservations or benefit from other features only available to account holders (such as incentives or other benefits we may offer).
You can decide to participate in referral programs , and doing this will also mean providing us with personal data. In addition to that, you can provide us with feedback or ask for help with using our travel services.
Personal data you give us about others.
If you maintain a Novan Global account, you can also create an address book to facilitate business travel, as well as manage the bookings of others. In some cases, you can use Novan Global to share information with others. This might take the form of forwarding a wish list or participating in referral programs.
We have to point out that it’s your responsibility to ensure that the person or people you have provided personal data about are aware that you’ve done so, and have understood and accepted how Novan Global Group uses their information (as described in this Privacy Statement).
Personal data we collect automatically.
Even if you don’t end up making a Trip Reservation, when you visit our websites or apps we automatically collect certain information. This includes your IP address, the date and time you accessed our services, the hardware, software or internet browser you use and information about your computer’s operating system, like application versions and your language settings. We also collect information about clicks and which pages have been shown to you.
If you are using a mobile device, we collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics, app crashes and other system activity. When you make a Trip Reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites you have made your reservation or entered the Novan Global Group websites and/or apps.
Personal data we receive from other sources.
We may also receive information about you from other sources. These include business partners, such as affiliate partners, and other independent third parties, and anything we get from them may be combined with information provided by you. We also integrate third party service providers to facilitate payment between bookers and Trip Providers. These service providers share payment information so we can administer and handle your Trip Reservation, making sure everything goes as smoothly as possible for you.
We may also receive information about you to serve you more relevant advertisement for example additional cookie data made available to Novan Global Group by social media partners. When you link your novanglobal.com user account to your social media account, personal data may be shared with novanglobal.com by that social media provider, but only when it’s OK with you for them to do so.
Trip Providers may share information about you with Novan Global Group too – this may happen if you have support questions about your pending reservation, when disputes arise about a Trip Reservation
We use the information collected about you for various purposes. Your personal data may be used in the following ways:
A. Trip Reservations: First and foremost, we use your personal data to complete and administer your online Trip Reservation, which is pretty central to what we do as a company!
B. Customer service: We provide international customer service from our local offices in more than 20 languages, and we’re there to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Sharing your relevant details, such as reservation information or information about your user account with our global customer service staff allows us to respond when you need us – including helping you to find appropriate Trip Provider and responding to any questions you might have about your Trip Reservation (or any other queries, for that matter).
C. Account facilities: novanglobal.com users can create a user account on our websites or apps. We use the information you give us to administer this account, allowing you to do a number of useful things. You can manage your Trip Reservations, take advantage of special offers, make future Trip Reservations easily and manage your personal settings. Managing personal settings can allow you to keep and share lists, share photos, see previously searched Trip Services easily and to check other travel-related information you have provided. It can also allow you to see any reviews you have submitted. If you want, you can share certain information in your user account by creating a public profile that’s associated with either your own first name or a screen name of your choice. Novan Global’s corporate account holders can save contact details in their account facility, manage their business reservations and link other account holders to the Novan Global’s corporate account.
D. Online groups: We may enable users with an account to join and interact with each other through online groups or forums.
E. Marketing activities: We use your information for marketing activities. These activities include:
1. Using your contact information to send you regular news of travel-related products and services. You can unsubscribe from email marketing communications quickly, easily and at any time – just click on the “Unsubscribe” link included in each newsletter.
2. Based on your information, individualised offers may be shown to you on the Novan Global website, in mobile apps or on third-party websites/apps (including social media sites) and the content of the site displayed to you may be personalized. These may be offers that you can book directly on the Novan Global site, or on co-branded sites, or other third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting.
3. When you participate in other promotional activities (such as referral programs or competitions), relevant information will be used to administer these promotions.
F. Communicating with you: There may be other times when we get in touch, including by email, by post, by phone or by texting you – which method we choose depends on the contact information you’ve previously shared with us. And we process the communications you send to us. There could be a number of reasons for this, including:
1. Responding to and handling any requests you have made. If you have not finalized a Trip Reservation online, we can contact you with a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service benefits you as it allows you to carry on with a Trip Reservation without having to search for Trip Provider or fill in your reservation details again.
2. When you use our services, we can send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with Novan Global
3. We also send you other material related to your Trip Reservations, such as how to contact Novan Global if you need assistance while you are away, and information that we feel might be useful to you in planning or getting the best out of your Trip. We may also send you material related to upcoming Trip Reservations or a summary of previous Trip Reservations you made through Novan Global
4. Even if you do not have an upcoming Trip Reservation, we may need to send you other administrative messages, which may include security alerts.
G. Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Please see the information provided when you are invited to participate to understand what personal data is collected and how your personal data is used further.
H. Improving our services: We also use personal data for analytical purposes. This is part of our drive to improve our services and enhance the user experience, but can also be used for testing purposes, troubleshooting and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services. The main goal here is to optimize and customize our online platform to your needs, making our site easier and more enjoyable to use. We strive to only use pseudonymized data for these analytical purposes.
I. Guest reviews and other destination-related information: During and after your Trip you book through us, you may be invited to submit a review. We can also enable guests travelling with you or on whose behalf you have booked to provide a review. This invite ask for information about the Trip Provider or the destination. Account holders can choose to display a review with a screen name instead of the real name (which can be chosen in the user account facility). In addition to this, account holders can choose to display a review anonymously. Adding an avatar is also possible. By completing a guest review, you are agreeing that it can be displayed (as described in detail in our Terms and Conditions) on, for example, the relevant Trip Provider information page on our websites, on our mobile apps, on our social media accounts and social media apps, or on the online platform of the relevant Trip Provider or business partner’s website. This is to inform other travellers about the quality of the Trip Service you used, the destination you have chosen or other experiences you choose to share.
J. Call monitoring: When you make calls to our customer service team, Novan Global uses an automated telephone number detection system to relate your telephone number to your existing reservations – this can help save time for both you and our customer support staff. Our customer service staff may still ask for authentication, which ensures that your reservation details are kept confidential. During calls with our customer service team, live listening may be done or calls may be recorded for quality control and training purposes which includes the usage of the recordings for the handling of claims and fraud detection purposes. Recordings are kept for a limited amount of time and automatically deleted, unless Novan Global has a legitimate interest to keep such recording for a longer period, including for fraud investigation and legal purposes.
K. Promotion of a safe and trustworthy service: In order to create a trustworthy environment for you, your fellow travellers, Novan Global’s business partners and our Trip Providers, we may use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities. Similarly, we may use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, including the authentication of users and reservations. For such purposes, we may have to stop certain reservations or put on hold reservations until we have finished our assessment.
Providing your personal data to Novan Global Group is voluntary. However, depending on the type of service you may want to use, we may only be able to provide you with this service if certain personal data is collected.
If we use automated means to process personal data which produces legal effects or significantly affects you, we will implement suitable measures to safeguard you rights and freedoms, including the right to obtain human intervention.
To process your personal data as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
In view of purpose A and B, Novan Global relies on the legal basis that the processing of the personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract, specifically to finalize and administer your Trip Reservation. If the required personal data is not provided, Novan Global cannot finalize the Trip Reservation, nor can we provide customer service. In view of purposes C to K, Novan Global relies on its legitimate commercial business interest to provide its services, to prevent fraud and to improve its services. When using personal data to serve Novan Global’s or a third party’s legitimate interest, Novan Global will always balance your rights and interests in the protection of your personal data against Novan Global’s rights and interests or those of the third party. For purposes L, Novan Global relies also where applicable on compliance with legal obligations (such as lawful law enforcement requests). Where needed under applicable law, Novan Global will obtain your consent prior to processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to object to the processing set out under C to K and no opt-out mechanism is available to you directly.
In certain circumstances, we’ll share your personal data with third parties.
1. The Trip Provider you booked: This one’s pretty crucial for what we do! In order to complete your Trip Reservation, we transfer relevant reservation details to the Trip Provider you have booked. Depending on the Trip Reservation and the Trip Provider, this can include your name, contact details, payment details, the names of the guests travelling with you and any preferences or other information you specified when you made your Trip Reservation. If you have a query about your Trip, we may contact the Trip Provider and ask them to handle your request. Unless payment is made during the book process via the Novan Global website, we will forward your credit card details to the booked Trip Provider for further handling (assuming you’ve provided us with those details during your booking process). In cases of reservation-related disputes, we may provide the Trip Provider with information about the reservation process as needed to handle the dispute. This may include a copy of your reservation confirmation as proof that a Trip Reservation was actually made.
2. Your local Novan Global office: In order to support the use of the Novan Global services, your details may be shared with subsidiaries of the Novan Global Group corporate family which act as service providers for Novan Global, including in relation to customer support services. Third-party service providers: We use service providers to process your personal data on our behalf. This processing is for several purposes, including sending out marketing material or validating the correctness of the email address you provided during the booking process. Third party service providers are bound by confidentiality clauses and are not allowed to use your personal data for other purposes than instructed by Novan Global Group.
3. Payment providers and (other) financial institutions: When a chargeback is requested for your Trip Reservation by either you or by the holder of the credit card used to make your reservation, we need to share certain reservation details with the payment service provider and the relevant financial institution to handle the chargeback. This may also include a copy of your reservation confirmation or the IP address used to make your reservation. We may share information with relevant financial institutions, if we consider it strictly necessary for fraud detection and prevention purposes.
4. Competent authorities: We disclose personal data to law enforcement insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud or if we are otherwise legally obliged to do so. We may need to further disclose personal data to competent authorities to protect and defend our rights or properties, or the rights and properties of our business partners.
5. Business partners: We work with many business partners. These business partners distribute or advertise the Novan Global services, including the services and products of our Trip Providers.
When you make a reservation on one of our business partners’ websites or apps, certain personal data that you give them such as your name and email address, your address, payment details and other relevant information, will be forwarded to us to finalize and administer your Trip Reservation. If customer service is provided by the business partner, Novan Global will share details relevant to your reservation with the business partners (as and when needed) in order to provide you with appropriate and efficient support. When you make a reservation through one of our business partners’ websites, the business partners can receive certain parts of your personal data related to the specific reservation such as your name and email address. This is for their own internal purposes (such as analytical purposes) and, if requested by you, for the administration of loyalty programs or marketing.
When you make a reservation on a business partners’ website, please also take the time to read their privacy notice if you wish to understand how these business partners may process your personal data. For fraud detection and prevention purposes and as strictly necessary, we may also exchange information about our users with business partners.
1. Advertising partners: We share personal data with advertising partners, including your email address, as part of marketing the Novan Global services via third parties (to ensure that relevant advertisements are shown to the right audience). We strive to only share email addresses in hashed form to enable the matching of your email address with an existing customer database so that your email address cannot be used for other purposes.
6. The Novan Global Group Ltd corporate family, which Novan Global is part of: Other members of the Novan Global Group of companies may act as Trip Providers or business partners distributing our services through their online platforms. Outside of sharing your personal data to finalise and administer your Trip Reservation, we may need to share some parts of your personal data for fraud detection and prevention purposes as permitted by applicable law and as strictly necessary to protect the Novan Global Group, including Novan Global , its customers and business partners from fraudulent activities and investigating and handling data security breaches.
The transmission of personal data as described in this Privacy Statement may include overseas transfers of personal data to countries whose data protection laws are not as comprehensive as those of the countries within the European Union. Where required by European law, we shall only transfer personal data to recipients offering an adequate level of data protection. In these situations, as may be required, we make contractual arrangements to ensure that your personal data is still protected in line with European standards. You can ask us to see a copy of these contractual agreements using the contact details below.
Novan Global can offer you and Trip Providers partners various means to communicate about the Trip Services and existing Trip Reservations, directing the communications via Novan Global. This allows you and your Trip Provider to contact Novan Global with questions about your Trip Reservation or about your accommodation partners via the My Booking Page, the Novan Global app, and via other channels that we make available.
Novan Global accesses communications and may use automated systems to review, scan, and analyze communications for security purposes; fraud prevention; compliance with legal and regulatory requirements; investigations of potential misconduct; product development and improvement; research; customer engagement, including to provide you with information and offers that we believe may be of interest to you; and customer or technical support. We reserve the right to block the delivery of or review communications that we, in our sole discretion, believe may contain malicious content, spam, or may pose a risk to you, accommodation partners, Novan Global, or others. Note, all communications sent or received using Novan Global communication tools will be received and stored by Novan Global. Business partners through whose platform you made the reservation and Trip Providers may choose to communicate with you directly via email or other channels that Novan Global does not control.
We offer free apps for a variety of mobile devices, as well as versions of our regular website that have been optimised for mobile and tablet browsing. These apps and mobile websites process the personal details you give us in much the same way as our website does – and they also allow you to use location services to find Trip Services nearby – if you want us to. With your consent, we may send you push notifications with information about your Trip Reservation. You may grant us access to your location data or contact details in order to provide services requested by you. When you upload a picture from your mobile device, your picture may also be tagged with your location information. Please read the instructions of your mobile device to understand how to change the settings and enable the sharing of such data or the receipt of push notifications.
In order to optimize the content of the Novan Global newsletter, Novan Global combines the searches and reservations made from different computers and devices. You can unsubscribe from the Novan Global newsletter at any time.
Personalised advertisements shown to you on other websites or in apps, can be offered based on your activities on linked computers and devices. By amending your cookie settings on your device (see in our Cookie Statement under “What are your choices”), you can change your cross-device tracking settings for advertisement purposes. You should know that logging out of your user account will not actually mean that you no longer receive personalised advertisements.
Here at Novan Global, we use social media in different ways. We use it partly to facilitate the use of online reservation services, but also to promote our Trip Providers’ travel-related products and services and to advertise, improve and facilitate our own services.
1. Log in with your social media account. We offer you the opportunity to sign in to a Novan Global user account with your social media account, which saves you from having to remember different user names and passwords for different online services. After you’ve signed in once, you’ll always be able to use your social media account to sign in to your Novan Global account. You can decouple these accounts from each other at any time too.
2. Integration of social media plugins. We have also integrated social media plugins into the Novan Global website and apps. This means that when you click on one of the buttons (such as Facebook’s ‘Like’ button) certain information is shared with these social media providers. If you are logged in to your social media account at the same time, your social media provider may relate this information to your social media account and possibly present your actions on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network.
3. Other social media services and features. We may integrate other social media services (like social media messaging) to interact with Novan Global or with your contacts about our services. We may maintain social media accounts and offer apps on several social media sites. Whenever you connect with Novan Global through social media, your social media service provider may allow you to share information with Novan Global. If you choose to share, you will generally be told by your social media provider which information will be shared. For example, when you log into a Novan Global user account with your social media account, certain information (as authorized by you to your social media provider) may be shared with Novan Global. This might include your email address, age or profile pictures saved in your user account.
When you register with a Novan Global social media app or connect to a social media messaging service without having a Novan Global user account, the information you choose to share with us may include the basic information available in your social media profile (including your email address, status updates and a list of your contacts). We’ll use this information to help provide you with the service you requested – for example, to forward a message you want to send to your contacts or to create a personalised user experience in the app itself or on our websites. It means that if you want us to we can tailor our services to suit your needs, connecting you and your friends with the best travel destinations and analysing and enhancing our travel-related services. Your social media provider will be able to tell you more about how they use and process your data whenever you connect with Novan Global through them, for instance by combining personal data they collect when you use Novan Global through them with information they collect when you use other online platforms linked with your social media provider.
We observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access to, and the misuse of, personal data.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
We will retain your personal data for as long as we deem it necessary to enable you to use our services, to provide our services to you (including maintaining the online user account (if created)), to comply with applicable laws, resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business, including to detect and prevent fraud or other illegal activities. All personal data we retain will be subject to this Privacy Statement. If you have a question about a specific retention period for certain types of personal data we process about you, please contact us via the contact details provided below.
The services offered by Novan Global are not directed at children under 16 years old. For children younger than 16 years old, the use of any of our services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. In limited cases as part of a reservation, purchase of other travel-related services, or in exceptional other circumstances (such as features addressed to families), Novan Global may collect and use information of children only as provided by the parent or guardian or with their consent. If we become aware that we process information of a child under 16 years old without the valid consent of a parent or guardian, we reserve the right to delete it.
We want you to be in control of how your personal data is used by us. You can do this in the following ways:
1. you can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
2. you can inform us of any changes to your personal data, or you can ask us to correct any of the personal data we hold about you but, as explained below, you may be able to make such changes yourself;
3. in certain situations email@example.com ns, you can ask us to erase, or block or restrict the processing of, the personal data we hold about you, or object to particular ways in which we are using your personal data; and
4. in certain situations, you can also ask us to send the personal data you have given us to a third party.
Where we are using your personal data on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time subject to applicable law. Moreover, where we process your personal data based on legitimate interest or the public interest, you have the right to object at any time to that use of your personal data subject to applicable law.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal data is complete, accurate and current. Please do inform us promptly of any changes to or inaccuracies of to your personal data by contacting us.
If you have an online user account, you can access a significant amount of your personal data through our website/apps. Our website/apps generally present you with the option to add, update or remove information we have about you.
If any personal data we have about you is not accessible through our website/apps, you can send us your request at no cost. For any of your requests in regards to this Privacy Statement and to exercise any of your rights or if you have a complaint, please contact us by contacting our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact your local data protection authority.
If you wish to object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest and no opt-out mechanism is available to you directly, please contact us at email@example.com.
Novan Global Group Ltd. controls the processing of personal data as described in this Privacy Statement. Novan Global Group is a private limited liability company, incorporated under the laws of the Kenya and has its offices.